• Horseshoe Bay’s Boat House will be like no other.
• Can you imagine walking down the pier and into this soaring and elegant structure to show your friends the handsome Chris-Craft powerboat that dwells there, maybe take them for a spin around the harbour?
• The Boat House includes a wood decked gathering hall that will become the perfect on-water venue for a wine-tasting, pilates workshop or sailing skills demo.
• Upstairs, there will be a resident’s lounge, a come-and-go casual perch where you can enjoy watching the passing variety of harbour vessels or chat with your neighbours.
• Polished granite slab countertop, glacier white Corian, or an exquisite glass fused countertop.
• Contemporary satin-brushed metal and glass backsplash with built-in under-cabinet lighting.
• European matte white lacquer cabinets.
• Wide plank wood flooring (choice of oakwood flooring in Aura or Whisper).
• Miele 30″ or 48″ Professional Series Dual-Fuel Touch Range and Hoodfan with built-in speed oven and warming dryer.
• In larger homes there’s Miele 24″ Microwave with a trim kit, Miele 30″ or 36″ MasterCool refrigerator and a freezer.
• Miele Futura Classic Plus custom panelled dishwasher.
DURAVIT & HANSGROHE BATHROOM
• Polished quartz countertop.
• Porcelain Limestone flooring in oversized tiles.
• Grohe polished chrome fixtures including a rain shower head, Duravit under-mount sink basin, rectangular deep soaker tub.
• Showerheads and taps are elegant exemplars of the art of industrial design.
AMAZING SUSTAINABLE DESIGN
• Horseshoe Bay offers the in building heating and cooling provided through an onsite geothermal ocean loop, allowing for a reduction in greenhouse gas emission of up to 70% and local material use that supports local artists and trades.
•Horseshoe Bay’s exterior details in natural wood and integrally coloured walls frame the homes they enclose.
•Interiors continue this aesthetic, with textures and colours inside carefully selected for this special location.
•In preparing their drawings, the architect studied the leaves, rocks and branches of the surrounding forests, the harbour’s rich maritime legacy of handmade boats, and local traditions of bold modernist architecture.
•These particular choices ensure that each home will be as memorable inside as the exterior architecture and public spaces that surround them.
•Paul Merrick’s entire practice has established him as the inheritor of Vancouver’s rich modernist legacy, and his palette of forms and materials speaks to this special community framed by nature.
• Westbank has risen to the challenge by encouraging the design team to stretch its legs; to acknowledge that we will never have a better opportunity to pay homage to Canada’s most important contribution to the continuation of architecture.
• True luxury is deep, holistic and authentic.
• It is lasting and complements nature.
• It does not try to compete with it but rather embraces it.
• At its roots, the architectural genre is known as West Coast Modernism represents these values.
• Working with Paul Merrick in West Vancouver, the birthplace of this important contribution to architecture, is a wonderful opportunity for Westbank to showcase these values – a celebration of beautiful architecture that embraces nature, healthy living and community.